Useful Info – what to bring
- Bible, pencil, notebook.
- Flashlight, insect repellent.
- Sleeping bag or warm bedding.
- Clothing for mountain elevations: jeans, shirts, sweatshirts – layering works well .
- Extra clothes and a extra pair of shoes are recommended because it may rain .
- Personal items: toothbrush, toothpaste, towel, washcloth, soap, shampoo, comb, etc .
- Coat or heavy jacket and other clothes suitable for cool, rainy days, cold nights and mosquito protection.
- Comfortable and sturdy shoes for hiking and possibly muddy and snowy terrain (flipflops are not a wise choice).
- Money for offering, store purchases of pop and candy; T-shirts $10 and sweatshirts $20.
- Money for crafts (elementary and middle school) cost varies from 25 cents to $3. 00.
- Ideas and equipment for Talent Night (instruments, music, etc) .
- Camera .
- Paint war clothes – (high school only) clothing that is “OK” to be permanently painted.
- Water bottles.
- Camp health card with signature & insurance information .
- Medication if needed.
- Click here for Camper Information list.
What isn’t needed at camp
- Cell phones – there is little to no service and some Camp Deans won’t allow them.
- MP3 players or Ipod – the focus is on friends and nature.
- Short shorts and other skimpy wear aren’t appropriate – nor comfortable at cool high altitude.
By attending the Grand Mesa Baptist Camp, you agree that your photograph may be taken and your likeness may be used for Grand Mesa Baptist Camp marketing purposes; and you agree to hold both camp organizers and photographers free from any liability.